Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cole Slaw with Sesame Seeds

I keep making cold salads for some reason even though it has been really cold lately, but this one could be used for some warm entrees too.

1 pkg prepared green cabbage ( you could slice it yourself.)
2 med carrots grated (unless this comes in your mix)
2 large green onions small diced on the bias
2 stalks of celery cut in half long wise then sliced thin on the bias
1T toasted sesame seeds

Dressing
2-4T Red Wine Vinegar
4T Lite Mayo
1T Dijon mustard
1t Sesame Oil
1t Sugar (optional I did not use this since I can't have sugar but traditionally it is in all Cole slaw)
Salt and Pepper to taste


Combine in a large bowl the dressing first. Whisk all the ingredients together and let sit while you prep the rest, it will thicken in the mean time. Then toss together all of the veggies. You could add any others that sound good, you could use broccoli slaw or red cabbage too. Then let sit in the fridge covered until chilled. I have served this room temp. under grilled salmon or roasted chicken or BBQ pork. It adds lots of vitamins, fiber and crunch to a meal. Enjoy.

No comments: