Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tuna and Veggie Cold Pasta Salad

I make a huge variation on this salad, but today I made it as follows:

7oz package of mini-shell pasta cooked
1 can tuna - can be in water or oil
1/4 red onion, small diced
1 bunch of asparagus, steamed and chopped
1/2C of steamed broccoli
1 zucchini chopped very small, this was raw
1T red wine vinegar (really any vinegar but balsamic would work here)
1T olive oil
about 1/4C low fat mayo
2T (heaping) Dijon mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

I cooked or prepped all of this and just combined it all in a bowl. You could vary the veggies for whatever you have in the fridge. This is just what I had on hand and was cooking for other things so that is what I used. Really good over a small bed of fresh spinach too, that would add tons of vitamins and iron too.

No comments: