This is a classic salad that is a great combination of flavors, but I like to change and add a few ingredients to suit what I have in the fridge or just what I am in the mood to eat. I encourage you all to do the same - put in what you like. Side note on tuna - I prefer if you can find it packed in olive oil I think it tastes the best, but the all white meat has the highest mercury content and the chunk light has more fat. It really comes down to taste and just use what you like.
2 Large bowls or plates
1 can of tuna (drained and flaked with fork)
1c fresh spinach
2c butter lettuce or greens of your choice
20 or so steamed french green beens or haricot verts
4 small steamed or baked red potatoes, cubed
alfalfa sprouts
2 roma tomatoes
2-4T capers
Olive oil and vinegar dressing ( I use Newman's Own because it does not have sugar and is a great basic )
Put the greens and spinach in the bowl or on the plate. Then using a clock as reference place the green beans all together between 10 and 12, the tomatoes between 1-2, the sprouts down at 4-6 and the potatoes at 7-8. On top of the sprouts place the tuna, then in the middle spoon the capers. Drizzle the dressing over the top (really only need 1-2T per plate). Enjoy! This is a flavor packed healthy salad with lots of good eats.
No comments:
Post a Comment