Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pot Pie

This was a pot pie to use up stuff in the fridge so you can substitute anything you like for the ingredients.

I used store bought pie dough you will need a top and bottom
1 large chicken breast, I had a left over baked one I cubed this.
3oz hamburger, also left over
25 baby carrots, diced and blanched.
1/2 can of corn
2/3C frozen peas - I think I used too much though

Sauce
2T butter
2T flour
1C whole milk
1C whipping or heavy cream ( I had some left from a dessert I made)
garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste

Okay so I blanched the carrots in water, placed them in a bowl
added the corn, diced chicken. Saute the shallot while you brown the beef (together) in a pan placed in bowl. Then made the sauce in the beef pan. Yummy bits for the sauce.

Then last minute I added the peas and poured the sauce over it all. The frozen peas help cool the sauce so when you add it to the pie crust it is not too hot.

In a pie pan lay evenly the first crust, place the filling inside. Then place the second crust on top. Fold the top crust over the bottom and either pinch together or with a fork make indentations. Make three slits on top for ventilation.

Bake 375 degrees for 60-70minutes. Just golden on the edges and may be still while on top but cooked. Remember the filling is already cooked you are just heating thru and browning the crust.

The first piece is messy to cut but good. If you wanted to make this lower calorie just use fat free half and half for the cream and nonfat milk. Still yum.

No comments: