Monday, December 1, 2008

Boneless Pork Chop with Brown Rice and Veggies

This was inspired by the fact that I found these thin cut boneless pork chops on sale this week at the store.

I first seasoned the pork chops with salt, pepper and cumin and then sauteed them in 1T butter and 1T olive oil until just cooked. Don't over cook these or they will be dry and chewy.

Then I steamed brown rice.

At the same time I sauteed red onion in 1-2T olive oil. Then just as the onion becomes translucent I added cubed zucchini and red peppers, a few minutes after cooking I added salt and pepper and a little garlic powder. If the pan is too full do these veggies in batches to avoid steaming instead of sauteing the veggies. It will make them too mushy otherwise.

In a container (or plate if you are serving this immediately) place brown rice then veggies and then slice the pork chop and lay on top of the rest of the ingredients and I added 1-2 spoonfuls of green salsa.

No comments: