Friday, November 7, 2008

Chicken Tacos

Last night for dinner I made one of my husband's favorites: homemade chicken tacos - super easy and fast.

Chicken Tacos
First - ahead of time I baked two chicken breast (from the freezer onto a sheet pan with foil for 5 min then season when a bit thawed then bake about 30 min at 400 degrees) with poultry seasoning and salt. I let them cool then shredded them and placed it all in a bowl.

To the bowl I added about 4oz of Salsa Verde and mixed together with the chicken, then covered and placed in the refrigerator until it was time to make the tacos.

Next I diced a tomato, two green onions and an avocado. I mixed them all in a bowl with S&P (salt and pepper)wrapped and put it also in the fridge. If it is going to be more than 2 hours before you eat don't cut the avocado or add the S&P it will make the avo brown and the salt makes the tomatoes watery if left for more than a few hours. But under two hours it will work well.

Then when it was time to eat I fried 7 corn tortillas in canola oil into taco shaped shells and let sit on a paper towel to cool.

I heated the chicken in the microwave and grated some cheddar cheese about 2-4 oz.

Time to assemble:
To a taco shell add chicken mixture,
then cheese, then tomato mixture.
This made 7 tacos

Then top with hot sauce or salsa if you want, but they are really good plain too.

This is a easy dinner to make. Most of it can be prepped ahead of time and then the shells and assembly takes about 10 minutes.

Yum City!! Enjoy.

No comments: